Applications are now closed for 2022
Arid Recovery is offering internships in 2022 for recent graduates looking to deepen their practical experience in ecology and conservation. This is an opportunity to work with a small team to gain hands-on experience in the spectrum of land management, ecology, research and communications necessary to advance conservation programs..
Interns will assist staff in day-to-day operation of Arid Recovery. At various times you will be working with and supervised by the Ecologist, Community Coordinator, Conservation Land Management Officer and General Manager. You will do a diverse range of tasks including:
- Collection and collation of ecological monitoring data (including vegetation surveys, track transects and vertebrate trapping)
- Community engagement through tours, events, market days & school visits
- Written communications and fundraising
- Administrative and housekeeping tasks
- Fence and infrastructure maintenance and feral animal control
- Participation in research projects with Arid Recovery staff and collaborators
- Working with traditional owners
- Gousekeeping tasks essential for running a small NGO
Accommodation and a living allowance ($150 per week) will be provided, as well as a contribution towards your travel to and from Roxby Downs ($600 total). Opportunities for paid casual work (tour guiding, helping on education visits) will be available.
First intake: 28th February – 3rd June 2022 Second intake: 13th June – 16th September 2022
Bringing your own car (for personal use) is advantageous, but not essential. Successful candidates must be willing to comply with government directives and internal workplace requirements for managing the impact of COVID-19.
How to apply
Internships for 2022 are now closed
Late applications will not be considered. Please include your name in the filename of all documents and specify in your cover letter whether you are applying for the first or second intake.
With thanks to the Rendere Trust for their ongoing support of internships at Arid Recovery.